Monday, April 12, 2010

10K Race!

Weston took this picture, I forgot to have my friends at the race take our picture and get a picture of everyone that ran it with us!
So of course this is late but oh well!! About 3 weeks ago I ran my first 10k race! It was here in
Puerto Rico at the army base. I felt pretty good except the race didn't start until 4:30 p.m. so it was really HOT!! It's crazy, I guess they start all their races in the afternoon here, can you say CRAZY! But I finished in 1:05.01 and I placed 2nd in my age group!!! It was a great experience and I definitely want to run another one!

3 comments:

MommyMert said...

Congrats cheeka! thats awesome! :)

Heather Brown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Heather Brown said...

Yay!! So awesome! One of these days we will actually do a race together! It's so crazy that now you are running when I can't. Hopefully I will be running again soon. Congrats on the sweet trophy.