Sunday, April 19, 2009

Johnny Depp Movie!!

So last Friday I was an extra in a Johnny Depp movie called "The Rum Diary", and it was so much fun!!! This is a picture of me and my friends that were in it with me!! From left it is Lisa, Julia, Heather, Brianna, and me!!! They are all in my ward and are awesome girls!
The movie is set in the 1950's so we were able to wear cool dresses and have our hair done up like they did in the 50's! It was so cool to see everyone there all looking like they lived in that time period. It really felt like we had gone back in time! We were in a party/ball scene and did the background for that scene. We were paired up with dates and sent to different areas of the scene and had to interact and pretend like we were talking and enjoying the party. The coolest part was when me and my partner (who was a really nice guy, my friends got stuck with a crazy one) anyway we were coming in to the party and Johnny Depp cut us off trying to get in, so I was like inches away from him acting with him!! It was amazing! I'm pretty sure you will be able to see me in the movie! We did the scene like a hundred times and I thought my feet were going to fall off!! But I even talked to Johnny Depp and he touched my arm! It was pretty cool, I've never been that close to a big movie star before!!
This was the sunrise we saw on our way back to our cars!! We atarted at 3 p.m. on Friday and ended at 6 a.m. on Saturday!!! It was a long night but totally worth it!!
Julia, Me and Heather right before they took us over to the hotel to shoot! I wish they would have let us take our cameras to the set so we could have gotten a picture with Johnny!
Here is the back view of my awesome 50's do!! It looked really cool!!
Another view of my hair do! I'm do glad that I was able to have this experience and I will never forget it, but I don't think I would want to do it again real soon, it was a lot of waiting and standing and doing things over and over, but they did feed us good food and we did get paid $125 to do it, AND I'm in a movie with Johnny Depp, it's pretty sweet!

10 comments:

MommyMert said...

Wow, I know a famous movie star now! (You are going to be famous right? :) )I mucho love your hair and dress!

Thora said...

AHHHHHHHH! That is me screaming in excitement!!! I have not had a minute to call you-- so I am calling ou tomorrow! But it is so cool to read about the movie experience here on your blog! You are SO cool!!!!

Anonymous said...

so super cool Mardy, I can't believe I wasn't there... oh yea, I am not gringa awwww but hey how come johnny was there he doesn't look gringo at all either... You look fabulous my dear, just beautiful!
oh missy, take some time out of your busy important Hollywood star life to visit my blog and comment ok?

Katie said...

You all looked so pretty! How fun...I feel bad I canceled on them, but three days of 12 hour shooting would have been too much for little old pregnant me!

Rachel and Kelly said...

That's so cool. You'll have to remind me when the movie comes out so I can make sure to look for you.

The Reed Family said...

Definitely worth it! Mostly for the fun memories during all the waiting and standing! :)

Amber said...

You guys look beautiful! I'm kicking myself, I should've sent in my photo. But, I'm glad I have a chance to an extra now. Cute, cute blog by the way. (I still can't believe he touched your arm, I think I would've pasted out!)

Puerto Rican Gringa said...

That sounded like so much fun! I wish I was there! You all looked beautiful! Now I want to see the movie just to look for you guys!

ShOrt StoRy said...

I love it! That is so cool! Call me so we can chat about it!

Heather Brown said...

So awesome! You look so gorgeous in your dress! I love the hair! I can't wait to hear about the OTHER time you did extra work on the movie. I can't wait to see you on the big screen!!!!